Sunday, May 3, 2009

First night out

Burrrr! This is not our type of sailing but I have to say we are much more prepared than when we arrived in New Zealand last November. I have 5 layers of clothes on and two pairs of slippers with socks :).... Okay, I was looking forward to the evening because our little girl has been overly excited about going out to sea again and just chatted our ears off all day. Merric, on the other hand, ate up half our provisions and wouldn't be happy till we put the fishing lines out. No fish today! Which is a blessing for me since the big, left over, swell from the low is getting to me and the smell of fish would have set me over the edge. I have been jammin' to my ipod all night and looking at the sky that is loaded with stars, can't complain. The wind has been below 15 and sometimes non existent. Not going anywhere fast!!!! We have been on our toes out here since a rally of boats started out of Opua on the same day we departed. Hard to tell if it's a boat or a star on the horizon. The only close encounter we had today was when another Catamaran (AHU) sailed behind us this morning and almost ran over our fishing lines. Okay, better get back on deck and some fresh air. Don't have my sea legs yet! Will write again soon, Michele and the crew.

2 comments:

  1. Finally to have the wind in your hair. I am officially addicted to your blog. Miss you girl. Be safe and as always ... ROCK ON

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kristen! Will be checking daily... miss you and thinking of you often. Be patient. As you know you'll get your sea legs back before you know it! Oh Seanna..... you're a trip!

    ReplyDelete