Saturday, May 9, 2009

Special day back in Florida

We want to send a special congratulations to my cousin and his girl! We, on Free Spirit, are the luck ones who got to spend over a week with Alex and Kristin in Bora Bora last year. I knew Alex was planning on proposing in a very unique way but, not during this vacation. Shortly after, he did and she said, "YES"! Today, they said, "I Do". I know that their love is deeper than the deep blue sea. Congratulations to the both of you.

I don't know what I would do without my Sex and the City DVD's (Thanks Annie) cause they are a life saver on passages. Last thing I want to watch is something like, White Squall or open ocean or Jaws or...you get the picture :). As I watch them I realize how far away I am from that lifestyle. Man, I only own two pairs of flip flops, a couple bikini's and the nearest restaurant is 9 days away!!! haha.

We currently have 200 miles to go and expect a Tues morning arrival. We have slowed down a bit so we wouldn't arrive in the middle of the night. A safe practice we have carried our entire adventure.

Caught another two Mahi and now hoping for a Tuna to give us a little variation. Plus, my kids are screaming for Sushi. That is one thing New Zealand didn't have a clue how to make!! When you ordered a tuna sushi roll it was COOKED, Canned tuna...gross!

19.57 S
178.54 E

Off to make homemade pizza!

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mothers Day Michele!!! We are plotting you on google earth. I keep trying to zoom in to see your boat :) Glad you are having a good crossing. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete